Sandakphu, being the highest peak in West Bengal, offers grand views of the world’s tallest peaks. It offers the majestic view of the famously called “The Sleeping Buddha“, Mt. Kumbhakarna forms the head and face of Buddha, while Kanchenjunga forms the upper body. The other peaks that make up The Sleeping Buddha are Kokthang, Rathong, Frey, Kabru South, Kabru North, Simvo, Mt. Pandim, Tenzingkhang, Jubanu, Narsing.
Region: West Bengal
TREK SCHEDULE (26th Dec‘19 to 3rd Jan’20)
- Day 1: Take a flight for Bagdogra and then by private vehicle reach Manebhanjang (6,400 ft); 4-5 hours drive.
- Day 2: Manebhanjang to Tumling (9,450 ft); 11 km, 6-7 hours
- Day 3: Tumling to Kalipokhri (10,400 ft); 13 km, 7 hours
- Day 4: Kalipokhri to Sandakphu (11,950 ft); 6.5 km, 3 hours
- Day 5: Sandakphu to Sabargram (11,807 ft); 14 km, 7 hours
- Day 6: Sabargram to Gorkhey (7,546 ft) via Phalut; 14kms, 6 hours
- Day 7: Gorkhey to Sepi (6,234 ft); 15 km, 5 hours.
- Day 8: Depart from Sepi after lunch. It takes 6-7 hours to reach Bagdogra. Night stay at Bagdogra.
- Day 9: Take early morning or afternoon flight for Mumbai. Back to Mumbai with sweet memories.
- Tea House stay during trek
- Pure veg & Jain food throughout the journey and trek.
- Travelling from bagdogra to base and back.
- Experienced and qualified guide throughout the journey.
- Travel till Bagdogra.
TREK BRIEF SCHEDULE:
Day 1: Take a flight for bagdogara and then by private vehicle Reach Jaubhari (6,400 ft); 4-5 hours’ drive.
Day 2: Manebhanjang to Tumling (9,450 ft); 11 km, 6-7 hours
Day 3: Tumling to Kalipokhri (10,400 ft); 13 km, 7 hours
Day 4: Kalipokhri to Sandakphu (11,950 ft); 6.5 km, 3 hours
Day 5: Sandakphu to Sabargram (11,807 ft); 14 km, 7 hours
Day 6: Sabargram to Gorkhey (7,546 ft) via Phalut; 16 km, 6 hours
Day 7: Gorkhey to Sepi (6,234 ft); 15 km, 5 hours.
Day 8: Depart from Sepi after lunch. It takes 6-7 hours to reach bagdogara. Night stay at bagdogara.
Day 9: Take early morning or afternoon flight for Mumbai. Back to Mumbai with a bunch of fresh memories and new friends.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Trekkers should follow the schedules and rules. Leaders decision will be the final decision.
- Beyond Altitudes reserves the rights to make any changes in the program or schedule without any prior notice.
- Trekkers will have to bear extra charges, if any unavoidable expenses occurred due to change in program or group over-spending.
- Non Veg. Food, Smoking, Alcohol, Drugs, Narcotics and any kind of Intoxication, Firearms and Gambling strictly prohibited.
- All the programs include purely vegetarian healthy food only.
- Do not carry or wear any VALUABLES, ORNAMENTS / JEWELLERY etc. The Organisers are not responsible for any loss or theft of the valuables.
- Take care of the mountains. Plastic items, wrappers, toilet paper, empty boxes should not be littered but carried up to the next camp for necessary disposal.
- Beyond Altitudes reserves the rights to cancel the booking of the trekkers if required.
- Beyond Altitudes / Organisers / Leaders cannot be held responsible for any accident, death, illness and such other unforeseen eventualities occurred during Mumbai to Mumbai program.