In the Garhwal Himalaya, lies Kedarkantha – a mountain dedicated to Lord Shiva’s Bull avtar. This trek attracts the trekkers mainly in winters because it is covered under the thick layers of snow during this time of the year. Kedarkantha is located at an altitude of 12500 feet and the total trek distance is around 23 Kilometers. At the top you will be stunned by the 360 degree panaromic view. It is covered with snow blanket and gives views of various peaks like Black Peak, BandarPoonch Pangarchulla and Har Ki Dun from the summit.
TREK SCHEDULE (24th Dec‘19 to 3rd Jan’20)
- 24th Dec’19: By Train travel to Delhi.
- 25th Dec’19: Travel by private bus and reach Rishikesh and rest for the night.
- 26th Dec’19: Reach Sankri(6400ft) 10 hours approx.
- 27th Dec’19: Sankri (6400 ft) to Juda ka talab (9,100 ft); 5 hours, 4 km.
- 28th Dec’19: Juda ka talab (9,100 ft) to Kedarkantha Base (11,250 ft) ;2.5 hours, 4 km
- 29th Dec’19: Kedarkantha base to Kedarkantha peak (12500ft); descend to Hargaon camp (8900ft). 6kms, 7 hours.
- 30th Dec’19: Hargaon camp to Sankri ; 4 hours, 6km
- 31st Dec’19: Drive from Sankri to Rishikesh and night stay.
- 1stJan’20 : Early morning rafting, sightseeing and rest. After dinner leave for Delhi.
- 2ndJan’20 : Reach by Private bus Rishikesh to Delhi. Catch train for Mumbai.
- 3rdJan’20 : Early morning reach Mumbai with a bunch of fresh memories and new friends.
- Mumbai to Delhi (to and fro) travelling by AC train.
- Delhi to Rishikesh and return by AC bus.
- Local bus travelling from Rishikesh to base village and back.
- Hotel stay in Rishikesh
- All pure veg/Jain meal throughout the journey and trek.
- Trekking and camping permits, local support and expertise.
TREK BRIEF SCHEDULE:
Day 1: By Train travel to Delhi:
The journey starts from Bandra terminus by boarding AC train and reach Delhi next day morning. On the way you will be provided with dinner and morning breakfast.
Day 2: Travel by private bus and reach Rishikesh and rest for the night.
Board AC bus form Delhi and reach Rishikesh. The jouney will take approx. 6 hours. Reach Rishikesh Stay over at night.
Day 3: Reach Sankri (6400ft) 10 hours approx.
After having the breakfast and packing the backpack, we leave for Sankri. The journey will take approx. 10 hours. Reach Sankri, prepare for the trek and stay over at night.
Day 4: Sankri (6400 ft) to Juda ka talab (9,100 ft);
The trail for the trek starts from Sankri which is located at an altitude of 6400ft. It takes approx. 5 hours to reach the camp site. The ascent on this day is easy with a gradual slope. During the trail you will pass through remote villages, several bridges, large meadows, and dense forest of pine trees. After continuing the trail, at point you will see the glimpse of semi-frozen lake called “Juda Ka Talab”. That will be the first campsite for the stay. One can witness Himalayan ranges and have a nature walk around.
Day 5: Juda ka talab (9,100 ft) to Kedarkantha Base (11,250 ft)
The intoxicating journey continues day where the trekkers are destined to trek towards Kedarkantha base which lies at an altitude of 11, 250 feet. The distance from Jadu Ka Talab to this destination is about 4kms and in a moderate speed it takes about 2.5 hours to reach the place. After having the morning breakfast set out for the next journey where the trail begins through dense forests of pine and oak trees only and through steep ridge and much more dense areas. The journey is little challenging than yesterday as there is a steep slope to climb. In the midst one can take a nice break to reenergize the body and get the captivating view of natural beauty in the surroundings. Just before reaching the Kedarkantha Base one can enjoy the fascinating views of arc shaped range of snow clapped mountains comprising of Black Peak, BandarPoonch and Ranglana standing out proudly showcasing their beauty. Reach Kedarkantha Basecamp approx. in the afternoon and stay for the rest of the time. One can witness beautiful sunset and in the open clear sky followed by Star gazing with million stars and shining planets above your head.
Day 6: Kedarkantha base to Kedarkantha peak (12500ft); descend to Hargaon camp
Get ready to go Beyond. The Summit day. On this day of your trip you are destined to hike to the one of the most beautiful peaks and then again descending back till Hargaon camp which is based at 8900 feet. It takes about 7 hours of time in a moderate speed. The way to the top can be made through several trails but it is better to take the main trail as its keep rising at an even level. At the top you would see a small, yet beautiful temple of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati. The 360 panoramic view of the mighty and snow covered peaks of Uttarakhand are beyond heaven. You can relax there for some time and just enjoy the enchanting landscape provided by the nature. Get some pictures and panoramic shots of the mesmerizing scenic views and start to descend towards the final stop of the day which is Hargaon Camp site. Again the trail will start to pass amongst Dense Oak forests and Pine trees and after descending for about 4 Kilometers you’ll reach your campsite of the day. Hargaon is a beautiful, small quaint location. Stay overnight.
Day 7: Hargaon camp to Sankri
Today is the final day of the trek. It would take upto 4 hours to reach down if you walk at the moderate speed. After having the breakfast, pack the backpack to descend furthermore through a more clearly marked well paved pathway, laden with small stones. Meandering through rich dense pine forests one can view the sight of streams flowing by in a slow and steady way. The best part about this trail is the ridge which gives a majestic view of Har ki Doon Valley. Reach Sankri and stay for the rest of the day. Stay overnight.
Day 8: Drive from Sankri to Rishikesh and night stay.
After having the breakfast and packing the backpack, we leave for Rishikesh. The journey will take approx. 10 hours. Reach Rishikesh at night and stay over.
Day 9: Early morning rafting, sightseeing and rest.
Wake up early have breakfast and go for rafting. Come back, change pack your bag packs and go for sightseeing. After dinner, leave for Delhi in AC bus. Approx 6hours journey.
Day 10: Reach by Private bus Rishikesh to Delhi. Catch train for Mumbai.
Reach Delhi station early morning and catch the train in the morning. Lunch and dinner will be provided on the way.
Day 11: Early morning reach Mumbai with a bunch of fresh memories and new friends.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Trekkers should follow the schedules and rules. Leaders decision will be the final decision.
- Beyond Altitudes reserves the rights to make any changes in the program or schedule without any prior notice.
- Trekkers will have to bear extra charges, if any unavoidable expenses occurred due to change in program or group over-spending.
- The Organisers will make all efforts to get confirm Tickets for the participants enrolling AFTER LAST DATE. But NO GUARANTEE given for confirmation of their Train Tickets.Rs.1600/- extra for enrolling after last date.
- Non Veg. Food, Smoking, Alcohol, Drugs, Narcotics and any kind of Intoxication, Firearms and Gambling strictly prohibited.
- All the programs include purely vegetarian healthy food only.
- Do not carry or wear any VALUABLES, ORNAMENTS / JEWELLERY etc. The Organisers are not responsible for any loss or theft of the valuables.
- Take care of the mountains. Plastic items, wrappers, toilet paper, empty boxes should not be littered but carried up to the next camp for necessary disposal.
- Beyond Altitudes reserves the rights to cancel the booking of the trekkers if required.
- Beyond Altitudes / Organisers / Leaders cannot be held responsible for any accident, death, illness and such other unforeseen eventualities occurred during Mumbai to Mumbai program.