The Har ki Dun trek is a trail takes you back in time. The cradle shaped valley is populated with ancient villages that are over 3,000 years old. You see villages like Osla, Gangaad and Seema along the trail that are insulated from the outside world. They retain their culture: the clothes that they make out of the wool they weave, the food that they grow on their field, their wooden houses and their places of worship. This is one of the rare treks where you get an intimate look into the local lifestyle.
Day 01: Mumbai – Delhi
The Journey Starts from Bandra Terminus boarding AC Train and reaches Delhi next day by morning. On the way, you will be provided Dinner & Morning Breakfast. O/n Train
Day 02: Delhi – Rishikesh
Reach Delhi & Board Ac bus for Rishikesh. Lunch and Dinner will be provided. Reach Rishikesh and check into the hotel. O/n Rishikesh.
Day 03: Rishikesh to Sankri Base camp
Early morning proceeds for Sankri base camp followed by breakfast and lunch midway. Travel by local bus. O/n Sankri Base Camp.
Day 04: Sankri to Taluka
After breakfast, we will start trekking from Sankri to Taluka. We will start trekking on an uneven surface through thick forest Chesnuts, Walnuts, Chinar & Variety of Conifer Trees. O/n Taluka guest house.
Day 05: Taluka to Osla
After breakfast, we will start trekking from Taluka to Osla where You will come across a few waterfalls on your way. The trail initially is on the left side of the valley and goes past fields. This is followed by crossing an ageing bridge over river Rupin, after which we start trekking to the right side of the valley. The trail now ascends through fields and pastures with huts. The coniferous trees on the other side of the valley are beautiful. O/n Osla guest house.
Day 06: Osla to Har Ki Dun
As we move ahead from Osla camp, the trail gives an impressive view of Har Ki Dun valley. Initially, there’s a gradual climb which later gets steeper as it passes through beautiful meadows which open into Har Ki Dun. A small stream flows by the campsite, with peaks of Har Ki Dun and Swargarohini towering above. O/N in Harkidun guest house.
Day 07: Har Ki Dun – Lake – Har Ki Dun
Early Morning Start Trekking from Har Ki Dun to the top where there is a beautiful Lake. Enjoy free Time and picturesque View of the lake. Later start Descending and back to Har Ki Dun. O/n Har Ki Dun guest house.
Day 08: Har Ki Dun to Osla
After an early breakfast, we head back to Osla. We start by crossing the Har Ki Dun Bridge and then continue with a small walk along the river. Initially, there is a gradual climb up to Kalkattiyadhar and then we descend up to Osla. O/n Osla.
Day 09: Osla to Taluka to Sankri Base Camp
From here, there are two ways to get down. The first one is via Seema for which we have to descend to the river and cross it using the bridge. The second route which is shorter (but steeper) one goes via Puani. It meets the main trail at a point where there is a watermill. You can spend some time here understanding how watermills work. From this point, we enter the forest. The trail is now along the river. The last few minutes of the trek is over a cemented trail. We arrive in Taluka by afternoon. We board our vehicle and reach Sankri in about an hour or so. O/n Sankri Base
Day 10: Sankri to Rishikesh
After Breakfast proceed for Rishikesh in Bus. Reach Rishikesh and relax for the day or you can visit the local market. O/n Rishikesh.
Day 11: Rishikesh Local
Early morning after breakfast proceed for River Rafting and Rishikesh local sightseeing. Back to Hotel. O/n Rishikesh.
Day 12: Rishikesh to Delhi to Mumbai
Early morning pack your bags and proceed for Delhi. Reach Delhi and catch Train for your onward journey to Mumbai.
Day 13: Final Departure:
Early morning reach Mumbai with sweet memories.
- Mumbai to Delhi (to and fro) travelling by ac train.
- Delhi to Rishikesh and return by ac bus.
- Local bus travelling from Rishikesh to base camp and return.
- Hotel stay in Rishikesh
- All pure veg / Jain meal throughout the journey and trek.
- Trekking and camping permits, local support and expertise.
- Trekkers should follow the schedules and rules. Leaders decision will be the final
- Beyond Altitudes reserves the rights to make any changes in the program or schedule
without any prior notice.
- Trekkers will have to bear extra charges if any unavoidable expenses occurred due to
change in program or group over-spending.
- The organisers will make all efforts to get confirm Tickets for the participants enrolling
AFTER the LAST DATE. But NO GUARANTEE is given for confirmation of their Train
Tickets.Rs.1600/- extra for enrolling after the last date.
- Non Veg. food, smoking, alcohol, drugs, Narcotics and any kind of Intoxication, Firearms
and gambling strictly prohibited.
- All the programs include purely vegetarian healthy food only.
- Do not carry or wear any VALUABLES, ORNAMENTS / JEWELLERY etc. The
organisers are not responsible for any loss or theft of the valuables.
- Take care of the mountains. Plastic items, wrappers, toilet paper, empty boxes should
not be littered but carried up to the next camp for necessary disposal.
- Beyond Altitudes reserves the rights to cancel the booking of the trekkers if required.
- Beyond Altitudes / Organisers / Leaders cannot be held responsible for any accident,
death, illness and such other unforeseen eventualities occurred during Mumbai to Mumbai