Blessed with elevated grassland that is bedded with snow during the winters, gurgling streams, dense alpine forest and rich variety of flowers, the Dodital Trek is one of the picturesque treks in the Garhwal Himalayan region. The trek originates from the Bhagirathi valley, which is nestled at an altitude of 1,350 meters and passes through a mysterious forest and ascends gently to a lofty height of 4,150 meters to Darwa Top.
Dodital is often dubbed Ganesh-ka-Tal and is considered as one of the sacred lakes in the Garhwal Himalayan region as it is believed that it is the birthplace of Lord Ganesha, one of the Hindu deities. The captivating natural ambience surrounding the serene lake is ideal for camping overnight. There is an opportunity to explore the Asi Ganga valley. There are subsidiary treks transporting one from Asi Ganga to Bhagirathi Ganga valley and to the Yamuna valley and vice versa.
Day 01: Mumbai – Delhi
The Journey Starts from Bandra Terminus boarding AC Train and reaches Delhi next day by morning. On the way, you will be provided Dinner & Morning Breakfast. O/n Train
Day 02: Delhi – Rishikesh
Reach Delhi & Board Ac bus for Rishikesh. Lunch and Dinner will be provided. Reach Rishikesh and check into the hotel. O/n Rishikesh.
Day 03: Rishikesh to Kalyani Base camp
After breakfast proceeds for Kalyani base camp by bus. O/n Kalyani Base Camp.
Day 04: Kalyani Base Camp to Agoda
Trek from Kalyani base camp to the beautiful village of Agoda which is the last village on the route. O/n Agoda.
Day 05: Agoda to Manjhi
The morning after breakfast start trekking through forests reach Manjhi which is our campsite for the day. Today’s trek will have a gradual climb. O/n Manjhi.
Day 06: Manjhi to Dodital
The morning after breakfast starts trekking through forests reach the holy site of Dodital, which is also known as the birthplace of Lord Ganesha. Today’s trek will behave gradual climb with river Assi Ganga flowing beside you. O/n Dodital.
Day 07: Dodital – Dharwa Top – Dodital
The morning after breakfast starts trekking to reach Darwa Top. Trek to Darwa top is actually a bit steep. View from the top is amazing and you would be able to see significant peaks like Gangotri group, Baderpoonch, Chaukhamba, etc. from the top. Relax at the top for some time, enjoy in snow and start back towards Dodital. If the climb was steep, the fun part is the way back. Have fun tonight around the tents and sleep well. O/n Dodital.
Day 08: Dodital to Agoda
The morning after breakfast starts your journey for the day to Agoda Village. Enjoy the picturesque view while coming back. O/n Agoda.
Day 09: Agoda – Kalyani base camp – Rishikesh
The morning after breakfast starts your downhill trek to reach Kalyani base camp. Drive from Kalyani base camp to reach Rishikesh by late afternoon. O/n Rishikesh.
Day 10: Rishikesh Local
Early morning after breakfast proceeds for River Rafting and Rishikesh local sightseeing. Back to Hotel. O/n Rishikesh.
Day 11: Rishikesh to Delhi to Mumbai
Early morning pack your bags and proceed for Delhi. Reach Delhi and catch Train for your onward journey to Mumbai.
Day 12: Final Departure
Early morning reach Mumbai with sweet memories.
- Mumbai to Delhi (to and fro) travelling by ac train.
- Delhi to Rishikesh and return by ac bus.
- Local bus travelling from Rishikesh to base camp and return.
- Hotel stay in Rishikesh
- All pure veg / Jain meal throughout the journey and trek.
- Trekking and camping permits, local support and expertise.
- Trekkers should follow the schedules and rules. Leaders decision will be the final
- Beyond Altitudes reserves the rights to make any changes in the program or schedule
without any prior notice.
- Trekkers will have to bear extra charges if any unavoidable expenses occurred due to
change in program or group over-spending.
- The organisers will make all efforts to get confirm Tickets for the participants enrolling
AFTER the LAST DATE. But NO GUARANTEE is given for confirmation of their Train
Tickets.Rs.1600/- extra for enrolling after the last date.
- Non Veg. food, smoking, alcohol, drugs, Narcotics and any kind of Intoxication, Firearms
and gambling strictly prohibited.
- All the programs include purely vegetarian healthy food only.
- Do not carry or wear any VALUABLES, ORNAMENTS / JEWELLERY etc. The
organisers are not responsible for any loss or theft of the valuables.
- Take care of the mountains. Plastic items, wrappers, toilet paper, empty boxes should
not be littered but carried up to the next camp for necessary disposal.
- Beyond Altitudes reserves the rights to cancel the booking of the trekkers if required.
- Beyond Altitudes / Organisers / Leaders cannot be held responsible for any accident,
death, illness and such other unforeseen eventualities occurred during Mumbai to Mumbai