Brahma Tal is a hidden and secluded lake amidst the ridge, where Lord Brahma meditated according to mythology. Brahmatal trek is a great winter option & is on the opposite side of the famous Roopkund. With never-ending ridge paths, sprawling and delightful alpine meadows (Bugayals), lakes and majestic peak views such as Trishul, Nandaghunti, Chowkhamba, Nilkanth, Kamet, Hathi, Ghoda, are a compelling proposition for choosing this trek. In addition to scenic beauty, fresh snow on the trail will surely keep Brahmatal winter trek in your bucket list.
TREK SCHEDULE (23rd Dec‘19 to 2nd Jan’20)
- 23rd Dec’19: By Train travel to Haridwar.
- 24th Dec’19: Reach Rishikesh and rest for the night.
- 25th Dec’19: Early morning rafting, sightseeing and rest.
- 26th Dec’19: Reach Lohajung(7,600 ft); 10 hours drive from Rishikesh.
- 27th Dec’19: Lohajung to Bekaltal (9,885 ft); 5 hours, 6.3 km
- 28th Dec’19: Bekaltal to Brahmatal (10,440 ft); 5-6 hours,7.2 km
- 29th Dec’19: Brahmatal to Brahmatal Top (12,250 ft) and down to Brahmatal(10,440 ft); 6 hours,
- 30th Dec’19: Brahmatal to Lohajung (7,600 ft); 3-4 hours, 3km
- 31st Dec’19: Drive from Lohajung to Rishikesh and night stay.
- 1st Jan’20 : Reach by Private bus Rishikesh to Delhi. Catch train for Mumbai.
- 2nd Jan’20 : Early morning reach Mumbai with Sweet memories.
- Mumbai to Delhi (to and Fro) Travelling by AC train.
- Delhi to Rishikesh and return by AC bus.
- Local bus travelling from Rishikesh to base village and back.
- Hotel stay in Rishikesh.
- All pure veg.,jain meals throughout the journey and trek.
- Trekking and camping permits, local support and expertise.
TREK BRIEF SCHEDULE:
Day 1: By Train travel to Haridwar.
The journey starts from LTT by boarding AC train and reach Haridwar next day afternoon. On the way you will be provided with Breakfast, Lunch, dinner and morning breakfast.
Day 2: Reach Rishikesh and rest for the night.
Board AC bus form Haridwar and reach Rishikesh. Reach Rishikesh Stay over at night.
Day 3: Early morning rafting, sightseeing and rest.
Wake up early have breakfast and go for rafting. Come back, change pack your bag packs and go for sightseeing.
Day 4: Reach Lohajung (7,600 ft) from Rishikesh.
After having the breakfast and packing the backpack, we leave for Lohajung. The journey will take approx. 10 hours. Reach Lohajung, prepare for the trek and stay over at night.
Day 5: Lohajung to Bekaltal (9,885 ft)
The first day’s trek begin from Lohajung with dense forest and stony trails. It takes around 5 hours to reach Bekaltal. During the journey you will come across oak trees, wooden bridges over the streams, mud huts, vast meadows and rhododendrons. You reach Bekaltal in late afternoon. Rest and stay overnight.
Day 6: Bekaltal to Brahmatal (10,440 ft);
Early morning breakfast, and leave for Brahmatal. You will witness great peaks Trishul and Nandaghunti during the journey. On this day the trek is little challenging as it has steep slopes but thrilling experience as you pass through thick oaks, rhododendrons, and meadows of Telandi. You reach the campsite and rest. Stay Overnight.
Day 7: Brahmatal to Brahmatal Top (12,250 ft) and down to Khorurai (9,160 ft);
Get ready to go Beyond. The Summit day. On this day of your trip you are destined to hike to the one of the most beautiful peaks and then again descending back to Brahmatal. You will be heading towards the Brahmatal Lake which is an uphill climb. As you reach the summit an entire panorama of mountains opens up. You have Nilgiri, Neelkant, Trishul, Nanda Ghunti, and Maiktoli stretching to some of the mountains of the Panchachuli range. You can fill your soul with the awe-inspiring views of greater Himalayas and become one with nature. You can relax there for some time and just enjoy the enchanting landscape provided by the nature. Get some pictures and panoramic shots of the mesmerizing scenic views and start to descend towards Brahmatal again.
Day 8: Brahmatal to Lohajung (7,600 ft);
Today is the final day of the trek. Post breakfast, pack the backpack and descend towards Lohajung. Take a halt at bekatal for lunch and reach lohajung by evening. Reach Lohajung and stay for the rest of the day. Stay overnight.
Day 9: Drive from Lohajung to Rishikesh and night stay.
After having the breakfast and packing the backpack, we leave for Rishikesh. The journey will take approx. 10 hours. Reach Rishikesh at night and stay overnight.
Day 10: Reach by Private bus Rishikesh to Delhi. Catch train for Mumbai.
Leave early morning by AC bus to Delhi. Reach Delhi station and board train for Mumbai. Dinner will be provided in the train.
Day 11: Early morning reach Mumbai with Sweet memories.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Trekkers should follow the schedules and rules. Leaders decision will be the final decision.
- Beyond Altitudes reserves the rights to make any changes in the program or schedule without any prior notice.
- Trekkers will have to bear extra charges if any unavoidable expenses occurred due to change in program or group over-spending.
- The organisers will make all efforts to get confirm Tickets for the participants enrolling AFTER LAST DATE. But NO GUARANTEE given for confirmation of their Train Tickets.Rs.1600/- extra for enrolling after last date.
- Non Veg. food, smoking, alcohol, drugs, Narcotics and any kind of Intoxication, Firearms and gambling strictly prohibited.
- All the programs include purely vegetarian healthy food only.
- Do not carry or wear any VALUABLES, ORNAMENTS / JEWELLERY etc. The organisers are not responsible for any loss or theft of the valuables.
- Take care of the mountains. Plastic items, wrappers, toilet paper, empty boxes should not be littered but carried up to the next camp for necessary disposal.
- Beyond Altitudes reserves the rights to cancel the booking of the trekkers if required.
- Beyond Altitudes / Organisers / Leaders cannot be held responsible for any accident, death, illness and such other unforeseen eventualities occurred during Mumbai to Mumbai program.